USDA Loans – Understanding the Basics
The USDA Loan Program is sought after by homebuyers due to 100% financing, affordable terms, and flexible credit qualifying. If you’re a homebuyer looking to purchase in a USDA eligible area, you may be able to qualify for this rural housing program. Metroplex Mortgage Services is an approved USDA lender and we specialize with USDA loans.
What is a USDA Rural Home Loan?
The USDA Rural Home Loan Guaratee Program is a mortgage that assists eligible rural homebuyers to purchase a home. 100% financing is a well known feature of the program.
What are the unique benefits of the USDA Loan Program?
- 100% Financing. USDA loans offer no down payment, which when compared to FHA or Conventional programs, offers an immediate reduction in out of pocket expenses.
- Finance Out of Pocket Costs. USDA loans offer the ability to finance out of pocket settlement charges. In cases when the appraised value is higher than the sales price, USDA loans will provide this added flexibility and allow homebuyers the option of financing these expenses.
- No Maximum Loan Limits. Mortgage amounts are determined by loan qualifying, thus not restricting qualified applicants by setting loan limits.
- Flexible Credit Qualifying. While minimum credit score of 640 is required for automated approvals, exceptions can be made for previous short sales, bankruptcies, and foreclosures. Manual underwriting can also be used for no or lower score scenarios. Metroplex Mortgage Services offers USDA manual underwriting down to a 620 score. Be cautious, because not all lenders offer this option.
- Not Restricted to Only First Time Homebuyers. While many assume that only first time homebuyers can be eligible, previous homeowners are also possible candidates provided they are purchasing a primary residence and meet the qualifying criteria.
How can I qualify for a USDA Loan?
1. Property Eligibility. The subject property being purchased must be located in an approved USDA Rural Development area. There are no exceptions to this policy. Eligible areas can vary per county, so be aware when planning to look for homes. Search USDA Property Eligibility Map
2. Income Limitations. There are income limitations based on family household size. USDA loans take into account income from all family household members, and not just who is on the loan. This can be complicated, so contact us for any specific questions. Search Income Limits
Important things you should know about a USDA Loan…
Request our free report “Your USDA Blueprint for Success” and discover how the USDA Rural Home Loan Program can empower you down the road to homeownership.
If you are looking to purchase a home within the next 6 months download your free USDA Blueprint for Success! This free report is designed to provide an overview about the USDA Home Loan process, eligibility requirements, and much more!
This is a great educational resource for both buyers and Realtors.
Are you interested in a USDA Mortgage?
Without the right assistance, qualifying for a USDA Mortgage can be very difficult and overwhelming. It’s always best to discuss your options with a USDA approved lender you can trust like Metroplex Mortgage Services. Our financing expertise has helped thousands of homebuyers become happy homeowners and we can help you too!
If you are in the market for a home it is important to become pre-qualified. You can get started in less than 5 minutes! Or you may contact us with any questions you may have.
Questions? Contact Us Here.
More specific loan program information can be found at our USDA Loan Blog.